For Sporting Events in Rome click here
Sporting Club Ostiense
- Via dei Cocchieri 1A, 00146 (near Metro Marconi) Tel: (+39) 06 591 5540.
Large sports complex with football pitches from 5-a-side to full size, tennis, swimming,
gym facilities and much more.
- Via di Pietralata 135, 00158 (near Stazione Nomentana - Line FR1 Fiumicino - Orte).
Gym & wellbeing, football, tennis, beauty treatments and zumba.
- Via G. Pagano 71, 00167 (near Metro Cornelia) Tel. (+39) 06 662 3995.
Football, basketball, volleyball, tennis, dance, zumba, artistic gymnastics, salsa, and martial arts.
- Directory of football pitch facilities by location in the
province of Rome, with information and contact details.
- Directory of swimming pools in Rome with addresses, contact details and websites.
Also see our dedicated Golf in Rome page.
Circolo del Golf di Roma Acquasanta
- The oldest Golf Club in Italy, founded in 1903 by the British
Golf Club Parco de'Medici
Circolo del Golf di Fioranello
Golf Club Arco di Constantino
Golf Club Marco Simone
Golf Clubs for Kids and Juniors
Serie A Football
- Known as La Magica or i Giallirossi (the Red-and-Yellows), Roma is traditionally the team favoured
by residents of the city as opposed to the outer areas of the region. Captained by living legend and
talisman Francesco Totti, Associazione Sportivo Roma currently play in Italy's top tier - Serie A -
and were last crowned champions of Italy in 2001.
- Part of the largest sports association in the world, i Biancocelesti (the White and Sky-Blues) represent
the region in which the province of Rome is located and are A.S. Roma's bitter rivals in the top tier of
the Italian football league. Both teams play home games in the Olympic Stadium (Stadio Olimpico) on
alternate weeks and the derby is always a tumultuous encounter. Lazio last won the league in 2000.
S.S Lazio Rugby
- Founded in 1927, S.S. Lazio is Rome's top professional rugby club and forms part of the S.S. Lazio
Sports franchise that also includes the Serie A football team of the same name.
Italian Rugby Federation
Rugby in Rome has really taken off in the last few years and Italy's performances in the Six Nations have
steadily improved. Every even-numbered year (2010, 2012, 2014, etc.) England and Scotland play against
Italy in Rome, while in the odd-numbered years (2009, 2011, 2013, etc.) it's Italy v Ireland, Italy v
Wales and the big one, Italy versus their traditional rivals France.
Capannelle Horse Racing Rome
- Rome's racetrack located on the Via Appia towards Ciampino Airport. There are six to eight horse
races almost every Sunday except in July and August and this modern complex offers great viewing,
betting and catering facilities.
- Via dei Coronari, 46, 00186 (near Piazza Navona) Tel: (+39) 06 686 4989.
- Via Giolitti, 44, 00185 (Termini) Tel: (+39) 06 4782 6300.
Centro Sportivo Santa Maria
- Via Matteo Boiardo, 28, 00185 (Metro Manzoni) Tel: (+39) 06 700 462.
Sporting Palace - Appia
Via Appia Nuova, 700, 00179 (near Metro Arco di Travertino) Tel: (+39) 06 785 6391.
Nomentana / Regina Margherita
Sporting Palace - Mantova
Via Mantova 1, 00198 (near Porta Pia) Tel: (+39) 06 8535 0183.
EUR Gym Centre
Quadrato Dela Concordi 2A, 00144 (near EUR Magliana Tel: (+39) 06 591 6446.
To Live Sports Centre
Via Aristide Leonori, 8, 00147 (near Via Cristoforo Colombo / Metro San Paolo / Marconi) Tel: (+39) 06 541 5467.
Rome Yoga Institute
- Largo Magna Grecia, 20, 00183 (near Metro San Giovanni) Tel: (+39) 06 7045 4370 .
- Italy's national stadium, home ground of Roma and Lazio football clubs, Italy's national football and
rugby teams and venue for large scale concerts such as Muse in July.
- Horse racing and music concerts.